Tour Striker

Discussion of any golf equipment - pro-line, components, balls, training aids, shoes, etc. It's all welcome here.

Tour Striker

Postby Martee on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Today during my practice session, a great time and fun in sun, ugh the heat. Our pro had the club and suggest I take it for a spin. He has seen the number of tee’s I go through in a practice session.

Now he had the Tour Striker Pro 5 iron with stiff shaft. Much more club than is really for me. The explanation on how to use it was to start was to do small swings first and then move to ½, ¾ to full swings. Obviously this does require your hands to lead the club head into impact.

After following the instructions, I was really surprised, I had no problem getting the ball airborne, and distance was a bit less than my normal 5 iron. Of course when I put the pedal to the metal on a full swing, I quickly learned that I am hitting strong draws (a nice way of saying hooks) and sometimes pulling it with a strong draw. :evil:

A couple of other guys on the range were interested in giving it a go. I don’t think they and for that fact are going to run out and buy a complete set to play golf with.

If you get a chance, give it a shot. I walked away knowing that my impact is okay regarding hands leading. As for the ‘Ball goes Left’, well I need some work on that area since my normal clubs have the same defect on the full swing. :roll:
ImageEvery Tee an Adventure, Every Green a Mystery.....A Journey to the End of the Start...
"the fairway gets to be a lonely place" - Allen Doyle

http://marteesnotebook.blogspot.com

Good Golfing
Martee
Martee

Return to Golf Equipment Discussion